How it works
- Family Programming sponsors educational workshops, speakers and special events on a wide range of topics for District 73 Families. A sampling of some of our programs include The Earth Dome, Mr. Freeze, CircEsteem, The Community Drum Circle, Dr. Zeemo, Wheel of Wisdom, Close Encounters of the Chemical Kind and Dr. Devorah Heitner’s Raising Digital Natives.
- We also support Red Ribbon Week in each of our seven schools.
- Family Programming is proud to be involved with the Hawthorn Student Assistance Program which promotes healthy lifestyles of our Hawthorn Students.
- Through Family Programming, the PTO has a membership slot on the Multi-District Parent Workshop Group. This group is composed of members of all districts that feed into Vernon Hills High School and provides a well-attended parent workshop in the Spring.
- Family Programming also has teamed up with neighboring districts through Community Parent Network to provide nationally recognized parenting programs including Ron Lieber’s The Opposite of Spoiled, Dr. Kenneth Ginsburg’s Fostering Resilience, and Dr. Michael Bradley’s YES, Your Teen is Crazy.http://communityparentnetwork.org
- Family Programming is funded by the PTO and gratefully receives program grants from the Vernon Hills Community Alliance Project (CAP). CAP is a coalition of business and community leaders formed to network and coordinate positive youth development efforts in Vernon Hills and District 73
- Please come out this Sunday, March 26, 2017 from 3:30-5:30 pm to skate at Glacier Ice Arena in Vernon Hills. A discounted price will be offered and no extra charge for skate rental! Glacier will generously donate proceeds from the skating event to the Community Alliance Project (CAP). Family Programming requests grants from CAP for our programming. Please the CAP Family Skate flyer for more details.
If you are interested in volunteering or have questions, please contact the Family Programming committee at email@example.com.